From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [NOT SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] Sound not sounding
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 21:27:01
1 On 2022.03.26 10:22, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 6:29 AM Jack
3 > <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On 3/26/22 07:12, Peter Humphrey wrote:
6 > > > I haven't mentioned it before, but whenever I restart PA I get a
7 > plain window
8 > > > announcing something like "Audio Adapter Y247A. Analog audio". It
9 > only exists
10 > > > for a second or so and I haven't been able to capture it in a
11 > screen shot. It
12 > > > isn't a standard KDE window, or at least it has no colours or
13 > window
14 > > > decorations.
15 > >
16 > > I have also see that and have assumed it's from pulseaudio, showing
17 > its
18 > > default sound device.
19 >
20 > Generically, isn't this what's shown in the PA Volume Control,
21 > Configuration tab, in the profile pulldown for the USB audio device?
22 >
23 > I have 3 devices. Most options in the profile pulldowns say
24 > "(unavailable)" . I've never explored why.
25 I only seen "unavailable" for one device - a set of Bluetooth noise
26 canceling headphones (Sony WH-CH700N) which shows High Fidelity
27 Playback (A2DP Sink), Headset Head Unit (HSP) (unavailable), Handsfree
28 Head Unit (HFP), and Off. I believe the unavailability is due to some
29 combination of the driver for the USB BT dongle (with it's own
30 problems, being a cheap Chinese knockoff) and the BT sound drivers. I
31 assume the "unavailable" is for modes that the driver thinks the device
32 (or maybe just the type or class of device) should handle, but doesn't.