From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [NOT SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] Sound not sounding
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 14:23:17
1 On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 6:29 AM Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 3/26/22 07:12, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > I haven't mentioned it before, but whenever I restart PA I get a plain window
5 > > announcing something like "Audio Adapter Y247A. Analog audio". It only exists
6 > > for a second or so and I haven't been able to capture it in a screen shot. It
7 > > isn't a standard KDE window, or at least it has no colours or window
8 > > decorations.
9 >
10 > I have also see that and have assumed it's from pulseaudio, showing its
11 > default sound device.
12
13 Generically, isn't this what's shown in the PA Volume Control,
14 Configuration tab, in the profile pulldown for the USB audio device?
15
16 I have 3 devices. Most options in the profile pulldowns say
17 "(unavailable)" . I've never explored why.