From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Copying/Moving a file in KDE - is the preview missing
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 10:05:38
1 Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Under KDE, which I use, when you go to move/copy a file and it
4 > already exists in the destination, you get a dialogue pop up with a
5 > heading of "File already exists", it says in the dialogue "Source" and
6 > "Destination" with the respective paths underneath then underneath that
7 > a big expanse of nothing then below that some stuff including the
8 > Overwrite/Skip/Cancel buttons.
9 >
10 > My question relate to the expanse of nothingness. For example, if I'm
11 > moving/copying image files, should there be a preview of the two files
12 > in this nothingness? Is there some USE flag I've stuffed up that has
13 > disabled this. This happens, in my experience with Dolphin and Gwenview,
14 > but I'm assuming they both use a standard Qt/KDE dialogue so others
15 > probably display this behaviour as well.
16 >
17 > Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
18 >
19 > Andrew
24 Well, if it is a missing USE flag or something, I'm missing it to and
25 have been for a LONG time now. Mine has a lot of nothingness to it too.
26
27 Dale
28