From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modifying ebuilds, and dependency thoughts between hugin and luminance-hdr.
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 03:27:46
1 On 24 December 2011, at 20:23, Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > So, media-gfx/luminance-hdr uses hugin's align_image_stack by default.
4 > Except the ebuild doesn't list a dependency on hugin. I tried
5 > modifying its ebuild file to add the dependency, but Portage
6 > complained about a failed digest verification. So I don't know how to
7 > work around that.
8
9 # grep -i overlay /etc/make.conf
10 PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage
11 # mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/media-gfx/luminance-hdr/
12 # cp /usr/portage/media-gfx/luminance-hdr/luminance-hdr-2.1.0.ebuild /usr/local/portage/media-gfx/luminance-hdr/
13 # vi /usr/local/portage/media-gfx/luminance-hdr/luminance-hdr-2.1.0.ebuild
14 # ebuild /usr/local/portage/media-gfx/luminance-hdr/luminance-hdr-2.1.0.ebuild manifest
17 > 2) The tool that luminance-hdr needs is a CLI tool. It doesn't need
18 > the GUI side of hugin. So it should be possible to build that hugin
19 > tool without the rest of its GUI. Sounds like another USE flag, or
20 > perhaps splitting align_image_stack into a separate ebuild and having
21 > both luminance-hdr and hugin pull that in.
22
23 Sounds reasonable. Create a new ebuild for Hugin also, and add a USE=-X option.
24
25 > 3) Luminance-hdr doesn't *need* hugin; it has a builtin tool that
26 > fills the same role, but behaves a bit differently. It should be
27 > perfectly possible to remove hugin's tool from the list of options,
28 > based on a USE flag.
29
30 I'd have current behaviour depend on USE=hugin in that case. USE=-hugin by default.
31
32 Stroller.