From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with permisions
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 23:24:24
1 Hi all, I make a mistake and need some assistence now....
2
3 I had copied my /bin, /sbin, /etc, /usr, /var, /home, /tmp to
4 partitions that wasn´t the originals.... so when I make the copie I do
5 not remember to use -p option and now almost nothing is working
6 because of permitions.... I do not have the originals any more and I
7 don´t now how to restore this.... Anyone has a idea of what this
8 permitions are and how I can get to it.....
9
10 for exemple, if I try to su it said authentication failure even before
11 the password and the user trying to su on wheel group.... I can not
12 change logs because of var permitions .... things like that .....
13
14 Snip .... if someone had an idea or the map of permitions i will be
15 glad .... thanks....
16 Allan
17 --
18 An application asked:
19 "Requeires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
20 so I´ve installed Linux
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list