From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Installation problems
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:38:42
1 On Saturday 14 July 2007 12:18, Hendrik Boom wrote:
2
3 > That's what I was doing, except that I chrooted from Debian instead of
4 > from the gentoo boot disk. I suspect the difference is that I was running
5 > a Debian kernel when running genkernel; if genkernel asks the running
6 > kernel what options it was compiled with (which I believe it does), it
7 > may not have gotten the information it needed.
8
9 I don't know much about lvm, but as far as getting a kernel that works, have
10 you tried copying your Debian kernel's .config file into
11 gentoo's /usr/src/linux/.config and then cd /usr/src/linux and run make
12 oldconfig? Finish it off with make && make modules_install. Then copy the
13 kernel image, System.map to your boot and edit your grub.conf to point it
14 there. Genkernel if full of fat most of which you probably don't need
15 anyway.
16
17 HTH.
18 --