From: Lee <ny6p01@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] applications cannot access anything on youtube
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 15:16:45
1 Have you checked the contents of /etc/resolv.conf? Everything look OK?
2
3 On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 4:28 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > On Sun, 06 Mar 2022 06:18:33 -0500,
6 > Wols Lists wrote:
7 > >
8 > > On 06/03/2022 09:39, John Covici wrote:
9 > > > Hi. On my gentoo box, no application including ping can access
10 > > > www.youtube.com. However, a dig is doing it correctly, so I can not
11 > > > understand what is happening. A restart of named, gives me the same
12 > > > result. This is very baffling to me. If I change the URL to just
13 > > > youtube.com, it tries to work till the redirect to www.youtube.com and
14 > > > then stops dead.
15 > > >
16 > > > Am I doing something wrong? My windows box is doing this correctly.
17 > > >
18 > > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
19 > > >
20 > > cat /etc/hosts?
21 > >
22 > > I'm sure you'd remember if you'd messed about with it, but a
23 > > redirect there would explain it ...
24 >
25 > No joy there, it looks like anything on the web under youtube
26 > redirects to www.youtube.com, what I can't figure out is even if I
27 > ping it, it says name or service not known, but dig sees it.
28 >
29 > --
30 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
31 > How do
32 > you spend it?
33 >
34 > John Covici wb2una