From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Confused with the --oneshot option of portage.
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:07:02
1 On 5/24/06, Jonathan Chocron <jonathan.chocron@××××.fr> wrote:
2 > So, here are my questions : With world being autogenerated
3
4 Not sure I would call it 'autogenerated'. It is more accurate to call
5 it the list of packages that you have merged without the --oneshot
6 option.
7
8 > - If I emerge a library, like xvid with "emerge xvid", it will end up in
9 > world. How do I revert that ? Do I have to emerge -C xvid and then
10 > emerge --oneshot xvid ?
11
12 That is one way. You could quicken this with "quickpkg xvid; emerge
13 -C xvid ; emerge --oneshot --usepkgonly xvid". Or just edit
14 /var/lib/portage/world by hand to remove xvid.
15
16 > - If I emerge -Dup world, will the listed packages alkl end-up in world ?
17
18 No. Only the packages you specifically merge without --oneshot end up
19 in world. Dependancies of world or system packages that show up when
20 you add -D/--deep are not added to world...
21
22 > - If I first emerge a package, for example kmail, with emerge kmail, and
23 > later, during an upgrade phase, do an emerge --oneshot kmail, will kmail be
24 > removed from world ?
25
26 No. Only unmerging the package, or ediiting the world file, will
27 remove it from world.
28
29 -Richard
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list