From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning up after overdue -uD world
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:04:18
1 On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 05:01:26PM -0600, Penguin Lover Dale squawked:
2 > > Just wondering, if this all goes as planned, and I
3 > > don't have to start answering my own e-mails again, I
4 > > would like to clean up and dispose of about 2yrs of
5 > > garbage on my HD.(The original install was via the
6 > > 2006.0 min-install CD)
7 > >
8 > eclean should help. eclean-dist will clean out any unneeded distfiles.
9 > If you save packages then eclean-pkg will help with that.
12 Second that.
13
14 Also, search the gentoo forums for 'findcruft', it is a script that
15 lists files that is not owned by any package according to portage.
16 Some of those are files that exists legitimately. The others you can
17 trim from your HD by hand. Of course, deciding what to remove and what
18 not to remove is something that should be done conservatively.
19
20 W
21 --
22 I am a nobody
23 Nobody is perfect
24 Therefore, I am perfect.
25 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 416 days, 14:32
26 --
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list