From: Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SMTP Authentication
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 00:13:11
1 I use stunnel to wrap imap and pop3. For SMTP I have TLS authentication
2 using the saslauthd deamon and postfix. I have many virtual domains, but
3 all accounts are local/plain unix accounts. Most do not have shell access.
4
5 I use the following use flags
6 mail-mta/postfix pam sasl ssl
7 dev-libs/cyrus-sasl berkdb crypt ntlm_unsupported_patch pam ssl
8
9 emerge --unmerge qmail
10 emerge postfix
11
12 in main.cf I have:
13 smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
14 smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
15 broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
16 smtpd_use_tls = yes
17 smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
18 smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
19 smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
20 smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
21 smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
22 smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
23 tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
24
25 (I just use the same key from stunnel for TLS... I duno if it is even
26 needed or not)
27
28 ~ # cat /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf
29 pwcheck_method: saslauthd
30 log_level: 3
31 mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
32 authdaemond_path:/var/lib/sasl2/mux
33
34 ~ # grep -v -- \# /etc/conf.d/saslauthd
35 SASLAUTHD_OPTS="${SASLAUTH_MECH} -a shadow -r"
36
37 If you guys have any problems with the above... I lurk on this list if
38 you need help.
39
40 Tito Valentin wrote:
41 > Hello list:
42 >
43 > I have been trying to get SMTP authentication on Gentoo to work with no
44 > success. I am running qmail (netqmail package) with dovecot and
45 > saslauth.
46 > I am able to connect and read my mail through IMAP fine. The problem is
47 > that I cannot send email using my own SMTP server due to an
48 > authentication
49 > issue. Every time we try to send email out we get an error saying
50 > that it
51 > cannot establish a connection because I am not part of the allowed
52 > rcphost
53 > list. I tried adding the remote host in the rcpthosts database but the
54 > problem persists. The only error I see in the log files for dovecot is
55 > "Disconnected"
56 >
57 > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why I can't be
58 > authenticated when sending email out? Another thing is, it keeps
59 > prompting me for my passwd.
60 >
61 > GV
65 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list