From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another Install Issue
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:20:40
1 On 17 October 2011 09:15, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 00:35:35 +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
3 >
4 >> preup() {
5 >>     if [ "$IFACE" = eth0 ]; then
6 >>         ebegin "Reloading broadcom and tg3 modules"
7 >>         modprobe -r foo bar &&
8 >>         modprobe broadcom &&
9 >>         modprobe tg3
10 >>         ewend $? "Failed to reload modules"
11 >>     fi
12 >>     return 0
13 >> }
14 >
15 > This seems more elegant than a separate init script, but do you want it
16 > to return 0 unconditionally? If the modules fail to load, surely you want
17 > the attempt to bring the interface up to abort?
18
19 In my head I find it less elegant to be honest. Is it up to a network
20 configuration script to load the *kernel* module for the hardware?
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick