From: Galevsky <galevsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Daniel Robbins' come back ?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:43:56
1 What looks strange -from an external point of view- is that there is
2 lots of high-skilled people here... with huge Gentoo experience. How
3 did these people not manage to build some plan ? With all the
4 engineers, team leaders, project chiefs, and so on... involved in
5 Gentoo project ?
6
7 It looks like you have the abilities to analyse the situation, you are
8 the ones who can tell "we need that to go ahead", you know how to
9 plan, you used to live in an open community -that implies that you
10 have very good notions about smart & productive attitudes in a
11 not-lucrative environment- and you have the skills to implement and
12 deploy the solutions.
13
14 I don't know Daniel Robbins's previous work so I just have the right
15 to shut up (and do it with respect). But when I read this thread, I
16 understand that this man' plans should/will/must? be validated before
17 by Trustees, but also by the whole committed community (devs mostly
18 included) because they could not accept major changes without their
19 agreement (risks of fork).
20
21 So -from an external point of view, again- it comes to me that the
22 devs and really involved people will estimate/evaluate the
23 proposals... and it sounds good since they are the core of current
24 Gentoo maintenance and development.
25
26 But what about having work plans directly from devs ? I know that you
27 are very busy... but I am sure that Gentoo future could benefit from
28 experienced people, like Alan, as an example. Is it possible to get
29 some public report, written by devs that have something to tell,
30 explaining the current main issues, what Gentoo should do starting
31 from now, and the plans for near future ? Maybe with several
32 propositions....
33
34 Because what is sure is that non-devs face difficulties to get a clear
35 view of Gentoo status...
36
37 Gal'
38 --