From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Advice needed regarding udisks
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 12:43:52
1 >>>>> Just saying you should be using `udisksctl` command instead of the now
2 >>>>> obsolete `udisks` command
3 >>>>>
4 >>>>> udisksctl command = new udisks 2
5 >>>>> udisks command = old udisks 1
6 >>>>
7 >>>>
8 >>>> OK, but first I need to figure out how to get gvfs to use udisks instead
9 >>>> of gdu.
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>> by emerging gnome-base/gvfs from ~arch with USE="udev udisks"
13 >>>
14 >>> the stable gnome-base/gvfs is not compatible with UDisks 2.1
15 >>>
16 >>> but by upgrading gnome-base/gvfs on stable to ~arch version with
17 >>> USE="udev
18 >>> udisks" is then again not compatible all the way with GNOME 2.x, so
19 >>> that's
20 >>> why it's still in ~arch
23 >> If I keyword gvfs I get into trouble because gobject-introspection
24 >> wants <dev-libs/glib-2.33 and gvfs wants >=dev-libs/glib-2.36.
27 > So?
28 >
29 > Obviously I meant to say 'keyword gvfs *and it's dependencies* from ~arch if
30 > you want to use USE="udev udisks"'
31
32 The above glib dependencies are circular. There is no way to satisfy them both.
33
34 - Grant