From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old kernel on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 19:45:25
1 On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 18:36:51 BST J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On 17 June 2020 18:52:49 CEST, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > >Hello,
5 > >
6 > >I might need to build and run an old 3.x kernel on a Desktop PC for
7 > >some very specific tests. Would Gentoo be a good solution?
8 > >I see that currently gentoo-sources only includes 4.x and 5.x sources.
9 > >
10 > >Thanks,
11 > >
12 > >raffaele
13 >
14 > Not entirely certain userspace will be supported, but it shouldn't be too
15 > difficult to test.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Joost
19
20 Have a look here:
21
22 https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/sys-kernel/gentoo-sources/?hideattic=0
23
24 However, unless you replicate a system from back then you will be trying to
25 build old sources with a new toolchain. Perhaps it would be easier to fetch
26 an old minimal CD with a 3 series kernel, or for a ready made OS and kernel
27 into one, see if you can dig out some older Debian release?