From: Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kimmel@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Layman and eix-sync
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:56:34
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm using layman to keep KDE 3.5 installed and have a question. I run
5 > eix-sync to sync my tree. From what I see, it appears it also syncs
6 > the layman part as well. Does it? This is what I see:
7 >
8 > [0] "gentoo" /usr/portage/ (cache: metadata-flat)
9 > Reading 100% [1]
10 > "kde-sunset" /usr/local/portage/layman/kde-sunset (cache:
11 > parse|ebuild*#metadata-flat#assign)
12 > Reading 100%
13 > I just want to make sure I am seeing this correctly.
14 I dont't think so. "eix-sync" runs an "eix-update" after "emerge
15 --sync". It just rereads the overlay, without "layman -S" in advance.
16 You have to do that manually.
17 > While I am here, I plan to get rid of all the layman stuff when KDE 4
18 > is ready enough for me to use. Do I just run layman -d all and
19 > unmerge layman? Does that get the job done?
20 >
21 > Thanks much.
22 >
23 > Dale
24 >
28 Maybe you want install kde4 first and then run "emerge --depclean"
29 (after removing the overlay). In that way you had an backup if kde4 fails.
30
31 Johannes