From: Digby Tarvin <digbyt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vnc
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:31:26
1 For remote access over the public Internet I usually use ssh. With the
2 '-X' option it gives you secure encrypted port forwarding to your
3 local X server, which appart from a speed hit is functionally pretty
4 close to having a directly connected X terminal.
5
6 Of course if you are trying to connect from a Windose or other non-X
7 system, then VNC is probably what you need.
8
9 Regards,
10 DigbyT
11