From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vnc
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:20:50
1 On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:10:55 -0500
2 Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I followed the instructions on the Gentoo wiki about configuring VNC server,
5 > but I am not able to connect either inside the LAN or from the outside,
6 > despite having port forwarding enabled for it on my firewall. I went through
7 > the instructions twice, and everything is as listed. Anybody know if there
8 > are some common mistakes made not mentioned in the article that I might
9 > check for? Alternatively, is there a better solution for remote access to my
10 > Gentoo box I should be looking at? Thanks!
11 >
12 > --
13 > Mark
14 > [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]
18 well what sort error are you getting?
19
20 is there anything running on the vnc ports? (5800+, 5900+)
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list