From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frozen after Upgrade
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 13:47:56
1 On 5/3/10, Indexer <indexer@××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 03/05/2010, at 11:01 PM, Colleen Beamer wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >> Yesterday, I updated my system. On reboot, I get to my login screen,
7 >> but then everything is frozen - the cursor blinks in the box where I
8 >> am supposed to enter my password, but the keyboard doesn't work and my
9 >> mouse is frozen. I don't know if this has something do do with the
10 >> xorg update that happened in connection with my nvidia driver.
11 >>
12 >> I can't even kill X because, stupid me didn't configure the
13 >> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace when it was no longer automatically configured.
14 >>
15 >> Right now, I have booted from a Kubuntu live CD so was able to get
16 >> into the system to write this.
17 >>
18 >> Is there a way I can fix this without having to do a complete reinstall?
21 > I would be checking my Xorg.conf to see if you have evdev enabled, set evdev
22 > in your make.conf just in case, and make sure you have hald set to start on
23 > boot as xorg now needs it for keyboard and mouse.
24
25 This would be good if I could get to a terminal seesion, but I can't.
26 The keyboard doesn't work and I can't login.
27
28 Right now, I am using a Kubuntu live CD and mounting is disabled.
29 >
30 > William