From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wicd and ath5k drivers
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:57:02
1 Robin Atwood wrote:
2 > I have just upgraded my laptop to kernel 2.2.28-r2 and have enabled the ath5k
3 > drivers for its Aetheros PC wireless card. Using the scripts to activate
4 > net.wlan0 works fine and the wicd client can see the interface correctly. But
5 > when I try to activate wlan0 with wicd it repeatedly fails. I still have
6 > madwifi selected as the wpa-supplicant driver. Are there any hints on tuning
7 > this, I can't find any by searching?
8 >
9 > TIA
10 > -Robin
11 >
12 I've actually always had trouble with the ath5k driver, but it seems to
13 come in spells where several restarts will get around the problem. Check
14 what dmesg has to say.