From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wicd and ath5k drivers
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:02:04
1 On Wednesday 25 Feb 2009, Saphirus Sage wrote:
2 > Robin Atwood wrote:
3 > > I have just upgraded my laptop to kernel 2.2.28-r2 and have enabled the
4 > > ath5k drivers for its Aetheros PC wireless card. Using the scripts to
5 > > activate net.wlan0 works fine and the wicd client can see the interface
6 > > correctly. But when I try to activate wlan0 with wicd it repeatedly
7 > > fails. I still have madwifi selected as the wpa-supplicant driver. Are
8 > > there any hints on tuning this, I can't find any by searching?
9 > >
10 > > TIA
11 > > -Robin
12 >
13 > I've actually always had trouble with the ath5k driver, but it seems to
14 > come in spells where several restarts will get around the problem. Check
15 > what dmesg has to say.
16
17 Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: authenticate with AP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
18 Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: privacy configuration mismatch and mixed-cell
19 disabled$
20 Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: authenticated
21 Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: associate with AP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
22 Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: mismatch in privacy configuration and mixed-cell
23 disab$
24 Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: privacy configuration mismatch and mixed-cell
25 disabled$
26
27 You get quite a few hits on this but no explanations. It's not the WEP
28 password, that is correct.
29
30 HTH
31 -Robin
32 --
34 Robin Atwood.
35
36 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
37 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
38 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling