From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: re-appearance of `waiting for lock' bug?
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 20:59:47
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Ctrl-C to kill the emerge and
4 > rm /var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/.udev-120.portage_lockfile
5
6 Egad and how many times have done that in other situations...
7
8 I tried emerge -vC udev followed by emerge -v udev
9
10 No help
11
12 Its just udev-120 that does this.
13
14 Before seeing your post I backed up to udev-119 and went right thru.
15 So must still be something a little off there.
16
17 However I emerged udev again and deleted the lock file as recommended
18 and 120 went right thru.
19
20 120 must be the first version that concerns itself with lock files.
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list