From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: re-appearance of `waiting for lock' bug?
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 21:21:43
1 On Thursday 01 May 2008, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
3 > > Ctrl-C to kill the emerge and
4 > > rm /var/tmp/portage/sys-fs/.udev-120.portage_lockfile
5 >
6 > Egad and how many times have done that in other situations...
7 >
8 > I tried emerge -vC udev followed by emerge -v udev
9 >
10 > No help
11 >
12 > Its just udev-120 that does this.
13 >
14 > Before seeing your post I backed up to udev-119 and went right thru.
15 > So must still be something a little off there.
16 >
17 > However I emerged udev again and deleted the lock file as recommended
18 > and 120 went right thru.
19 >
20 > 120 must be the first version that concerns itself with lock files.
21
22 I've seen similar messages a few times on my boxes recently, but each
23 time the emerge got going again after a short while. So I never really
24 bothered finding out exactly what is going on.
25
26 You mentioned a reported bug earlier, do you have a link that describes
27 it more?
30 Alan McKinnon
31 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
34 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list