From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching from Seamonkey to Firefox and Thunderbird
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 21:04:40
1 On 01/05/2018 12:07 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > On 01/05/2018 10:55 AM, Mick wrote:
5 >> This should help:
6 >>
7 >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Changing_the_web_browser_invoked_by_Thunderbird
11 > It does to a point at least.  Thing is, I have multiple profiles and
12 > when it asks me which profile and I pick one, if it is already open I
13 > get the error that it is in use.  Same as I get when it was trying to
14 > use Seamonkey.
15 >
16 > I have to find a way to tell it what profile to use and to open in a new
17 > tab instead of trying to start from scratch.  Or something.
18 >
19 > I know one thing, google sure isn't helping much.  At least not yet anyway.
20 >
21 > Thanks.
22 >
23 > Dale
24 >
25 > :-)  :-)
30 I found someone else wanting the same thing, well, close enough anyway.
31 It seems this isn't doable. I find it odd that a email program can't be
32 configured to open links in a running browser without the two programs
33 being the same. Linky.
34
35 https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/999493
36
37 Without this, I'll have to copy and paste all the links I want to open.
38 That is just not a good option. No matter which way I go, something is
39 broken.
40
41 Weird.
42