From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: buying a keyboard
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:41:17
1 Ajai Khattri wrote:
2 > On Sun, 31 May 2009, Adrian wrote:
3 >
4 >> It's finally getting worn out, keys are sticking pretty bad. I would
5 >> like to get a new one, but the company I purchased it from (via the
6 >> internet) seems to not exist any more. Some google action has not
7 >> resulted in locating any similar keyboards.
8 >
9 > About once a year, I wash all my keyboards (no, seriously).
10 > Dishwasher, quick wash, cold, then leave somewhere warm to dry for a
11 > couple days.
12 >
13 > Afterwards, the tactile response feels like new :-)
17 When I was working on computers, I used to clean them with pure alcohol
18 then lay them on top of the A/C condenser, you know, the hot part. It
19 would dry real good in a couple hours. Heat plus the large volume of
20 air works very well. Be careful that the air doesn't blow the keyboard
21 off tho. Some A/C systems can blow huge amounts of air.
22
23 That was mostly done on IBM XT/AT and Wyse 50 terminal keyboards by the
24 way. I'm not sure about some of these new keyboards with the little
25 rubber pad thingys.
26
27 Those old keyboards sure did click loud tho. lol
28
29 Dale
30