From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kate doesn't reuse existing process anymore with kde 3.5.0?
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 13:58:24
1 Abhay Kedia wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 04 January 2006 16:02, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 >>I've just tried it on another box, and I do get that error when opening
5 >>a second file, but checking kate shows that it does have both files
6 >>loaded.
9 > Ah...you are right. The files did get opened but that error pop (and that too
10 > twice) is quite annoying. I even tried to rename kate to kate.bin and created
11 > a script with name kate which calls kate.bin with --use option but that also
12 > gives the same error.
13 >
14 > I don't quite understand what made KDE developers withdraw such an excellent
15 > feature. God knows what goes in developers mind *sigh*
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Abhay
19
20 You can always file a bug in bugs.kde.org to request this to be
21 configurable. As usual first check that the bug does not already exist.
22
23 Regards,
24 Petteri