From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kate doesn't reuse existing process anymore with kde 3.5.0?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:29:07
1 On Wednesday 04 January 2006 16:02, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >
3 > I've just tried it on another box, and I do get that error when opening
4 > a second file, but checking kate shows that it does have both files
5 > loaded.
6 >
7 Ah...you are right. The files did get opened but that error pop (and that too
8 twice) is quite annoying. I even tried to rename kate to kate.bin and created
9 a script with name kate which calls kate.bin with --use option but that also
10 gives the same error.
11
12 I don't quite understand what made KDE developers withdraw such an excellent
13 feature. God knows what goes in developers mind *sigh*
14
15 Regards,
16 Abhay