From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kate doesn't reuse existing process anymore with kde 3.5.0?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:36:34
1 On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:27:52 +0530, Abhay Kedia wrote:
2
3 > Go to the Control Centre -> KDE components -> File
4 > > associations and select text/plain. Select Kate, press Edit, go to the
5 > > Application tab and change the command from "kate %U" to "kate --use
6 > > %U".
7 > >
8 > That doesn't work :(
9 > It shows error saying "KDEInit could not launch kate".
10
11 I've just tried it on another box, and I do get that error when opening
12 a second file, but checking kate shows that it does have both files
13 loaded.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 "Bother" said Rue, as his paranoia spread across the publicly accessible
20 archives