From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kate doesn't reuse existing process anymore with kde 3.5.0?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 13:36:30
1 On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:57:18 +0530, Abhay Kedia wrote:
2
3 > Ah...you are right. The files did get opened but that error pop (and
4 > that too twice) is quite annoying. I even tried to rename kate to
5 > kate.bin and created a script with name kate which calls kate.bin with
6 > --use option but that also gives the same error.
7
8 I tried a slightly different approach, leaving kate alone and creating a
9 file called mykate
10
11 #!/bin/sh
12 kate --use $* &>/dev/null &
13
14 I set the text/plain file type to call this with only %U as an argument,
15 and it works without annoying messages.
16
17 > I don't quite understand what made KDE developers withdraw such an
18 > excellent feature. God knows what goes in developers mind *sigh*
19
20 It baffles me.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.