From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Umasking media-tv/mythtv-0.28?
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 06:49:02
1 On Monday 05 Dec 2016 21:58:55 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson@×××.org> wrote:
3 > >> From: Rich Freeman
4 > >> Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2016 12:14 PM
5 > >>
6 > >> The other issue is that my mythtv front-end died shortly after I got
7 > >> it into the tree, and I've ended up moving off of mythtv.
8 > >
9 > > Bummer; out of curiosity, how are you satiating your media needs now?
10 >
11 > I ended up on Plex (after being sufficiently annoyed with a brief
12 > trial of Kodi). It was something I had been contemplating in any case
13 > as my cable provider was starting to cut off non-encrypted cablecard
14 > access to more and more channels (used to be just the premiums which I
15 > didn't get anyway, but when I couldn't record something on the
16 > National Geographic channel I felt they had crossed a line). The
17 > hardware issue just pushed me over the line. That, and trying to get
18 > mythtv working on a pi3 was turning into a bit of a project and I had
19 > a dropping WAF at the time.
20
21 Out of interest, what annoyed you on Kodi?
24 Regards,
25 Mick