From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean wants to remove openrc. Yikes!
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 12:28:20
1 On 25/07/21 12:47, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 >> They are, @system is a set of packages and nothing it it will be
3 >> > depcleaned. However, openrc is not part of @system, the virtual is.
4
5 > Ah, that's it. So we have critical system packages which aren't part of
6 > @system. I think openrc is a critical system package.
7 >
8 Well, it's not installed on my new system. I doubt it's installed on any
9 new-ish gentoo-gnome systems. So openrc itself can't be critical.
10
11 It may be critical for *your* system ... :-)
12
13 Let's rephrase it - "openrc is one of the (optional) packages that
14 satisfied a critical dependency". Your problem is caused because you
15 have explicitly installed an alternate package that satisfies the same
16 critical dependency.
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol