From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Checking the reason for (-useflags) in brackets
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:58:28
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> [14-06-21 12:36]:
2 > On 21/06/2014 11:19, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > for some applications I want to activate some USE flags, which are
6 > > disabled by default.
7 > >
8 > > Some of those USE flags are set in () brackets. From searching the
9 > > internet I learned, that this may be due to unresolveable dependencies
10 > > or settings in the make.profile or....
11 > >
12 > > Is there a way to exactly pin point the reason why a certain USE flags
13 > > gets "(diabled)" and whether it is possible to resolve the problem?
14 > >
15 > > How can I figure out that?
18 > From the emerge man page:
21 > () circumfix forced, masked, or removed
24 > So the answer is usually one of
25 >
26 > - flag not in ebuild anymore. Look in the ebuild
27 > - masked in profile. For these I usually search the profile directory
28 > recursively for the flag and figure it out that way
31 > What is it that you are trying to find out? A disabled flag is disabled
32 > and can't work, what further detail do you need?
36 > --
37 > Alan McKinnon
38 > alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
42 Thanks for your help. In the internet I have already found the answer
43 in the meanwhile.
46 Best regards,
47 mcc