From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Checking the reason for (-useflags) in brackets
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:59:00
1 "man emerge" would have been even faster ;-)
2
3 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4
5 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> [14-06-21 12:36]:
6 >> On 21/06/2014 11:19, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
7 >> > Hi,
8 >> >
9 >> > for some applications I want to activate some USE flags, which are
10 >> > disabled by default.
11 >> >
12 >> > Some of those USE flags are set in () brackets. From searching the
13 >> > internet I learned, that this may be due to unresolveable dependencies
14 >> > or settings in the make.profile or....
15 >> >
16 >> > Is there a way to exactly pin point the reason why a certain USE flags
17 >> > gets "(diabled)" and whether it is possible to resolve the problem?
18 >> >
19 >> > How can I figure out that?
22 >> From the emerge man page:
25 >> () circumfix forced, masked, or removed
28 >> So the answer is usually one of
29 >>
30 >> - flag not in ebuild anymore. Look in the ebuild
31 >> - masked in profile. For these I usually search the profile directory
32 >> recursively for the flag and figure it out that way
35 >> What is it that you are trying to find out? A disabled flag is disabled
36 >> and can't work, what further detail do you need?
40 >> --
41 >> Alan McKinnon
42 >> alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
46 > Thanks for your help. In the internet I have already found the answer
47 > in the meanwhile.
50 > Best regards,
51 > mcc