From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo or Linux from Scratch - Perspectives?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:30:29
1 On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:42:19 -0400, Paul Hoy wrote:
2
3 > I really like Gentoo and I like that fact that it does a pretty good
4 > job at supporting Gnome, however, it's still behind other releases,
5 > such as Fedora, in terms of when it releases updates, etc.
6
7 Gentoo has rolling updates, so it is always up to date. If you want to
8 run the latest of everything you will need to run a ~arch system. There
9 are no releases for Gentoo beyond the installation live CDs. Once
10 installed, provided you keep up to date, there is no difference between a
11 system installed three years ago and one installed yesterday.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Windows Error #09: Game Over. Exiting Windows.