From: Paul Hoy <paul.hoy@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo or Linux from Scratch - Perspectives?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:42:47
1 On Aug 14, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:42:19 -0400, Paul Hoy wrote:
6 >> I really like Gentoo and I like that fact that it does a pretty good
7 >> job at supporting Gnome, however, it's still behind other releases,
8 >> such as Fedora, in terms of when it releases updates, etc.
11 > Gentoo has rolling updates, so it is always up to date. If you want to
12 > run the latest of everything you will need to run a ~arch system.
13 > There
14 > are no releases for Gentoo beyond the installation live CDs. Once
15 > installed, provided you keep up to date, there is no difference
16 > between a
17 > system installed three years ago and one installed yesterday.
20 > --
21 > Neil Bothwick
22 >
23 > Windows Error #09: Game Over. Exiting Windows.
26 Hi Neil,
27
28 ~arch is a little scary for me, since it's not in the stable branch.
29
30 Paul