From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Amarok segfault
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:08:51
1 András Csányi writes:
2
3 > I'm an average Amarok user and experiencing a random segfault I
4 > decided that I would like to report it. I know I have to recompile
5 > Amarok with debug flag but I'm not sure it is enough. Can you tell me
6 > what is needed more?
7
8 No, I think the debug USE flag has another purpose.
9 You need to add '-gddb' to you CFLAGS in make.conf, and make sure that
10 'nostrip' or better 'splitdebug' is in your FEATURES list (the debug
11 code added by -gddb would be stripped away if not). This will get you a
12 useful backtrace in DrKonqui, if you are using KDE.
13
14 > By the way, these reports should be send for the
15 > Amarok developers not gentoo guys, shouldn't they?
16
17 I would say so, but I'm not entirely sure. It's easier this way, but
18 there's a slight chance that the problem is Gentoo-specific.
19
20 Wonko