From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what causes "HAVE_CONFIG_H not found"?
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 03:46:12
1 > supposed to invoke gcc on that line? that 'CC=gcc mcc' construction is a
2 > little odd..... looks like the Makefile is broken - have you chosen
3
4 Boy this one was messy, but I figured it out. It turns out that
5 there's another "mcc" compiler from MatLab, and it was installed on my
6 system in /usr/bin. Mathematica's "mcc" compiler/linker, which I
7 needed to use with the Monte Carlo integration package, was linked to
8 my PATH also, but for some reason, the wrong "mcc" (from MatLab) was
9 getting invoked first and thus messing up the compile process
10 completely. I deleted the MatLab "mcc" from /usr/bin, and after that
11 the make script worked like a charm and built all executables just
12 like it was supposed to!
13
14 Thanks for the help - looking into the makefile and then finding out
15 and comparing the two mcc's and their respective command lines made me
16 realize what's going on.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list