From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:18:13
1 On 2012-03-29 01:20, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > I'm in favour of /bin and /lib, and I see the pros and cons of
4 > /sbin and am not too bothered about how that is done. But having
5 > two (or more) of each of these is an artificial mess that is a
6 > solution to a problem that
7
8 As I said, it's a matter of taste.
9
10 > Red Hat employ devs working on many aspects of Linux, and we
11 > should be grateful for this (or do you prefer the Ubuntu approach
12 > of taking with little giving back?). One of the reasons Greg K-H
13 > left SUSE to work for
14
15 I did say that my writing was speculative? And I never claimed Greg
16 K-H is/was working for Redhat. Anyway, for the record I have always
17 had a great respect and admiration for both Redhat and Greg K-H (which
18 I see as a very good and knowledgeable kernel hacker) but this latest
19 debacle has taken it down a few notches... On the other hand I would
20 prefer Ubuntus approach to someone (anyone) pushing bad designs any
21 day ("speaking" hypothetically and generally without pointing out
22 anyone or any company). But this is quite pointless (my whining)
23 since, as someone else mentioned, "code talks...". Perhaps some day I
24 can find the time to hack my own solution (which of course will be
25 perfection ;-) ).
26
27 :-)
28