From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:20:06
1 Am 16.08.2011 23:06, schrieb Paul Hartman:
2
3 > I became afraid after reading this wiki page, especially the part
4 > about removing openrc and making your own init.d and conf.d entries:
5 >
6 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Systemd
7 >
8 > :)
9
10 I read through parts of http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd.html
11 now ... (coming from your mentioned url)
12
13 Yeah, sounds scary.
14
15 I might play with this inside a VM some rainy day ... using
16 suspend-to-ram and SSDs both in thinkpad and desktop, so boot-times are
17 OK and not a problem.
18
19 So this doesn't really motivate me to take these risks ;-)
20
21 Stefan