From: Tony Davison <tony.davison2@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update portage cache ... horribly slow
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:36:21
1 On Wednesday 28 September 2005 16:10, Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > Dave Nebinger schreef:
3 > >> It's very very slow and I dont know why. So my question is could I
4 > >> some way turn off this cache?
5 > >
6 > > I've had a lot of luck with the cdb patch for portage. It's
7 > > mentioned in the gentoo wiki. I haven't measured to see how syncs
8 > > are impacted but regular portage stuff seems faster.
9 >
10 > This sounds quite interesting, but I can't find any mention of this
11 > patch on the Wiki, even after two searches on the Wiki and 3 on
12 > Google. I feel pretty dumb, since Paweł clearly found it easily, but
13 > I can't.
14 >
15 > Help...?
16 Its under tips and tricks portage.