From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:55:34
1 On Wed, 27 May 2009 16:28:35 -0400, Wyatt Epp wrote:
2
3 > You know, I wonder if that's not a bug? There is no eselect module for
4 > setting your python version,
5
6 Ummmm
7
8 % eselect python help
9 Manage the /usr/bin/python and python.1 man symlinks.
10 Usage: eselect python <action> <options>
11
12 Standard actions:
13 help Display help text
14 usage Display usage information
15 version Display version information
16
17 Extra actions:
18 list List installed python interpreters
19 set Set active python interpreter.
20 show Show the active python interpreter
21 update Switch to the most recent CPython.
22 --if-unset Do not override existing implementation
23 --ignore SLOT Ignore SLOT when setting symlinks
24
25 > and there's no entry for that symlink in
26 > the CONTENTS for these packages.
27
28 If the symlink is created by eselect, even if eselect is called from the
29 ebuild's post_install function, it cannot be in CONTENTS because it
30 wasn't there when that list was created.
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 Did you know that eskimos have 17 different words for linguist ?