From: Wyatt Epp <wyatt.epp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ARGH I uninstalled python
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 20:29:09
1 On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Jorge Morais <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com
2 > wrote:
3
4 > I should mention that you should be careful about deleting any files -
5 > and qfile is not a 100% guarantee that the file does not come from a
6 > Portage-installed package. For example, in my system Python was
7 > installed by Portage, and
8 > $ file /usr/bin/python
9 > /usr/bin/python: symbolic link to `python2.5'
10 > , yet
11 > $ qfile /usr/bin/python
12 > <No output>
15 You know, I wonder if that's not a bug? There is no eselect module for
16 setting your python version, and there's no entry for that symlink in the
17 CONTENTS for these packages. If I understand the role of that file, that
18 symlink really shouldn't exist without being listed there.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Wyatt