From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Telling emerge to continue when something goes wrong
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:15:00
1 On Monday 15 January 2007 13:56, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > > Hmm.. maybe you think eix behaves like esearch. eix always looks in the
3 > > vdb so whether you run update-eix before or after an upgrade is
4 > > irrelevant..
5 >
6 > I've confused myself more than once because eix "lied" to me.  This does
7 > seem to be fixed in my current version, so I may update my script.  Thanks
8 > for the pointer.
9
10 I see. I've never experienced that but either way eix-sync isn't just a sync
11 and an update-eix. It runs diff-eix and might run update-eix before the sync.
12 If you don't care about diff-eix using eix-sync hence isn't exactly an
13 optimization. So it's not like there's any actual drawback to running
14 update-eix last. ;)
17 Bo Andresen