From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Telling emerge to continue when something goes wrong
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:02:30
1 On Monday 15 January 2007 06:34, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
2 wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Telling emerge to continue when something
3 goes wrong':
4 > Hmm.. maybe you think eix behaves like esearch. eix always looks in the
5 > vdb so whether you run update-eix before or after an upgrade is
6 > irrelevant..
7
8 I've confused myself more than once because eix "lied" to me. This does
9 seem to be fixed in my current version, so I may update my script. Thanks
10 for the pointer.
13 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
14 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
15 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
16 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh