From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dns/bind-tools 9.14 -> 9.16 pulling in 17 new dependencies?!
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 13:30:08
1 On 2020-07-22, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 >> >> Users who do not wish to use logind interface or have rare hardware
4 >> >> that does not use KMS and because of that, require root privileges
5 >> >> to operate, can manually re-enable 'suid' and disable 'elogind' USE
6 >> >> flags in order to preserve the previous behavior.
7 >>
8 >> Yes, that's what I did months ago, and everything worked fine with
9 >> Xorg using the "suid" flag and without consolekit or elogind -- until
10 >> this morning, when pam refused to upgrade unless I set the elogind USE
11 >> flag.
12 >
13 > The news item said that to retain old behaviour you need to do *BOTH*
14 > - set x11-base/xorg-server suid (which I did in package.use)
15 > - set "-elogind" (which I did in USE in make.conf)
16
17 Except starting yesterday, pam no longer allows that.
18
19 > BTW, I have pam totally masked out...
20
21 I used to run without pam, but something required it a while back.
22
23 Maybe I should look into removing pam again.
26 Grant