From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local.start and sending an email
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 22:55:09
1 On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 19:16:16 -0500, John J. Foster wrote:
2
3 > Well damn. Removing /etc/init.d/splash from the boot runlevel did in
4 > fact cause /etc/init.d/local to run as the last initscript, just like
5 > it's supposed to. But it didn't solve the problem of mutt segfaulting
6 > when called here.
7 >
8 > I took Neil's advice and emerged mailx. All is well again in gentooland.
9 >
10 > (I'd sure like to know why mutt didn't work in local.start, though)
11
12 If the same command works in a terminal, it could be a difference in the
13 environment. The first thing I would try is running "source /etc/profile"
14 right before the mutt call.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 What was the greatest thing BEFORE sliced bread?