From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need some help with switching KDE setup from i915 to radeon graphics
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 22:54:36
1 On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 12:10:23AM +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Hello Fellows,
3 > [...]
4 > Now I'm stuck with a malfunctioning X (or more specifically, KDE, as it
5 > seems). I can run AwesomeWM just fine. But when I try to start KDE, I see
6 > the first of those fading-in progress icons and then the screen goes black.
7
8 Just for the archives: the problem turned out to be the DisplayPort cable
9 still being plugged in. Once I pulled that out, I had normal video over DVI.
10 Perhaps my monitor got confused.
11
12 DisplayPort had been acting up in Windows to begin with. After I built the
13 PC, it worked normally for quite a while, but at some it stopped working in
14 Windows (only in Windows), so I had to fall back to DVI which, on Intel
15 Graphics, means 30 fps.
16
17 The Windows AMD software tells me that it can't establish a link. Perhaps
18 the cable is at fault.
21 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
22 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
23
24 Philospher: human that, when his milk went bad,
25 comforts himself that it is still 80% water.