From: Andrew Tchernoivanov <tchernoivanov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub menu working but invisible
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:01:02
1 This problem was already posted here.
2 The idea is that splashimage moved from /boot/grub to /usr/share/grub.
3
4 On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Dmitry S. Makovey <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
5 wrote:
6
7 > On July 14, 2008, Matt Harrison wrote:
8 > > I ran grub-install as normal and it (apparently) installed the
9 > > bootloader without problems.
10 > >
11 > > However, now, when I boot up, I don't get a grub menu or anything on the
12 > > screen. Originally I thought there was a problem and my system wouldn't
13 > > boot but I tried pressing return and it booted up without problems.
14 >
15 > same here on 2 independent machines. Each one exhibits same problem. It's
16 > not
17 > completely broken but sure as heck is annoying. Did I miss some "new"
18 > configuration step you have to do with Grub?
19 >
20 > --
21 > Dmitry Makovey
22 > Web Systems Administrator