From: "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub menu working but invisible
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:52:43
1 On July 14, 2008, Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > I ran grub-install as normal and it (apparently) installed the
3 > bootloader without problems.
4 >
5 > However, now, when I boot up, I don't get a grub menu or anything on the
6 > screen. Originally I thought there was a problem and my system wouldn't
7 > boot but I tried pressing return and it booted up without problems.
8
9 same here on 2 independent machines. Each one exhibits same problem. It's not
10 completely broken but sure as heck is annoying. Did I miss some "new"
11 configuration step you have to do with Grub?
14 Dmitry Makovey
15 Web Systems Administrator
16 Athabasca University
17 (780) 675-6245