From: Jeremy McSpadden <deface@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg crashes
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 20:20:45
1 Can you paste our make.conf file ? and the output of " eselect profile list " ?
2
3 On Apr 5, 2011, at 3:15 PM, Mike Bean wrote:
4
5 > That, is an interesting question, because I HAVE been changing USE flags. When the kernel was built it had a distinctly different use flag set. Now it's USE="mmx sse sse2 ssh X -gnome -kde -qt4 dbus jpeg lock session startup-notification thunar udev -cdr -dvd alsa gtk"
6 >
7 > I might be giving myself away as a gentoo noob here, but I haven't technically built anything. When you say, "rebuild" are you referring to basically the same process as emerge? That's how I got my drivers and xorg, but when I think of building something I always think of configure/make/make install, and I want to be sure I'm not doing the wrong thing because of a misunderstanding
8 >