From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: boot to console (text) mode
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 00:09:45
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> You may want to check /etc/rc.conf and make sure it is not starting
6 >> there. I'm assuming you want to boot to the default level but just not
7 >> wanting the GUI to start. You may want search for softlevel and add
8 >> that to your boot loader.
11 > Thanks... yes /etc/rc.conf was the culprit What I see about softlevel,
12 > using google ,it appears to be more involved than what I need. It
13 > must be a tool in a larger package since eix doesn't know about it on
14 > up to date portage, but I see mention of it with google.
18 You may not need this but a little more info may be helpful someday.
19
20 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4133027.html#4133027
21
22 softlevel isn't a software package but a command that can be passed from
23 the bootloader to the kernel. You should get a better picture when you
24 read that thread. I hope anyway.
25
26 Glad you got it working like you wanted tho.
27
28 Dale
29